1884 - Congregation B'ne Jacob incorporated, ancestor of Beth Israel.
1886 - Moses Montefiore Gemeinde incorporated, apparent successor to B'ne Jacob. Splinter group forms Anshe Jacob. Purchases small house at 674 Market Street for use as a synagogue. "The Daughters of Eva" benevolent society founded, predecessor to Beth Israel Sisterhood.
1890 - Moses Montefiore and Anshe Jacob acquire adjoining lots in Town of Greenfield for use as a cemetery. First plots sold in 1891.
1891 - Amalgamation of Moses Montefiore and Anshe Jacob to form Beth Hamedrash Hagadol.
1892 - Solomon Isaac Scheinfeld hired as first permanent rabbi, but stayed less than a year.
1893 - New synagogue at 462 Fifth Street completed.
1900 - Courts foreclose on synagogue property. Congregation unable to pay debts.
1901 - Beth Hamedrash Hagadol reorganized, and Congregation Beth Israel is born.
Beth Israel reacquires Fifth Street synagogue building.
1902 - Rabbi Scheinfeld returns from Kentucky to take Beth Israel pulpit.
1903 - Eva's Sisters reorganized as successor to Daughters of Eva.
1911 - Ladies Auxiliary Society of Congregation Beth Israel organized to replace Eva's Sisters. Leah Epstein first president.
1924 - Fifth Street synagogue sold. Congregation meets in temporary quarters at old Rose Theater at 7th and Walnut.
1925 - Construction of new Teutonia Avenue synagogue.
1926 - Rabbi Max J. Mintz instrumental in launching new youth-oriented programs at Beth Israel. Men's Club organized, Jack Heimovit first president.
1937 - High Holiday English Services instituted, with mixed seating allowed.
1940 - British War Relief Organization formed to contribute clothing.
1942 - Beth Israel Red Cross Chapter organized to roll bandages and knit clothing.
1946 - Cantor Richard Tucker participates in High Holiday services for two years.
1952 - New chapel built on cemetery grounds.
1957 - Fifteen acres of land purchased in Glendale for new synagogue.
1959 - Teutonia Avenue synagogue sold. Vacated in 1960.
1960 - Congregation meets in temporary quarters at East Side Hebrew School.
1962 - First services held in newly completed school building, the first phase of Beth Israel's new synagogue.
1966 - Dedication of second phase social hall and sanctuary building.
1980 - Dedication of third phase sanctuary.
1984 - Year-long centennial celebration begins.
1985 - Congregation Beth Israel enters its second century!
2006 - Renovation of the sanctuary & social hall is completed.
2012 - The partnership between Congregation Beth Israel and Congregation Beth El Ner Tamid is approved by both congregations. The newly blended synagogue is called Congregation Beth Israel Ner Tamid.